Breaking News: Student Cell Phones Targeted

On Wednesday May 15, a student at DHS went to her car, that was parked on Brighton, by herself. Two African American women in their late or early 30’s in a white beat up car approached her.

Their story: “My phone went dead, I need to call my child.” According to DHS Assistant Principal Mrs. Theresa Rodgers, the names of the children vary.

The DHS student that wanted to help got out her cell phone and dialed the number. As she was dialing, the women approached her and took it out of her hand and drove off.

On Friday May 17, similar incidents happened. After school, the two women were in a gold Mercedes. A senior at Dublin High was met by the women at the bus stop on the corner of Brighton and Village Parkway. They gave the same story, except this time they didn’t get the phone because the teenager said no.

“I heard about the rumor and thought it wasn’t true,” said Senior Sophia Munoz.

She started dialing the number but realized what was occurring and said, “sorry I have to leave.”

The women then drove off without a word.

“I didn’t believe the rumor until I got home and read the email,” said Munoz. “I then contacted Ms. Bryne and told her about the incident.”

Later, one male student was walking on Village Parkway and the women pulled over and asked to borrow his phone. They were in the same car except the only difference was they showed him the phone number they wanted him to dial on the phone itself, which confused him and he denied giving it to them to borrow and then the women left the scene.

If these women are seen around town students and community members have been asked to contact the authorities and school officials immediately.

$0
$500

Michelle Goldstein
Michelle Goldstein, Copy Editor for Entertainment and Sports
Hey everybody, name is Michelle Goldstein and I am a senior in high school. What I like most about Journalism is being a part of a great team that distributes a final product to the entire student body because our staff is very enthusiastic when it comes to the delivery time. I like how Dublin High gives students many opportunities to discover what they want to be when they are older by having many sports, academic classes, and clubs. My personal favorite activities at Dublin High School are Track and Field and the school newspaper because I get to write my stressful things out and then after school, I get to throw farther with no stress. My favorite places in Dublin are the views from the hills because every time I go and look at the scenery, I realize how great the world. No matter if it was a bad day or not, I am glad to have the time to glance at all of the viewpoints in Dublin. In my free time, I like to listen to music because it lets me feel like I am in another world where there are no rules and I can just dance around without any weird looks from anyone.  
$0
$500