The voice of Dublin's youth

The Voice of Dublin: Noah Mac’s Big Break

Courtesy of Noah Mac Music

Courtesy of Noah Mac Music

Courtesy of Noah Mac Music

Eugenia Gavrilova, Senior Managing Editor

[EDIT]: Noah will not be on tonight or tomorrow’s episode (9/25 and 9/26), but once we are told what night he’ll be performing we will update this post.

It’s not very often that you get to tune into a major TV network and get to see the guy who sits next to you in English performing in front of millions of viewers – but that’s just what many DHS students get to do tonight at 8 PM. Noah McMoyler (more commonly known as Noah Mac), a DHS senior and Dublin native, will be competing in the 13th season of NBC’s The Voice, a national singing competition that hits over roughly 10 million viewers per episode.

“I got a call from the casting people, who said they saw my music online and wanted me to go straight to their blind auditions,” said Noah of how he got on the show. Noah released a 6-song EP earlier this year, called Light, which helped him gain a spot in the online music industry. “It was crazy, because most people have to go through two or more rounds of auditions before being considered.”

THE EP "Light" COMES OUT TOMORROW!!! ORDER ON cdbaby.com AND WATCH OUT FOR IT ON MANY OTHER PLATFORMS

A post shared by Noah Mac (@noahmacmusic) on

The blind audition, which is where the judges are turned away from the singer and judge them simply based off their vocals (hence the name of the show), is the one that is actually aired on television as the series premiere. This segment of the show is prerecorded in front of a live audience and is where Noah will be on national television for the first time.

When asked about his attitude toward being on the show, Noah noted, “I’m not in it to win or anything, I just think it’s a good opportunity to get myself out there and learn along the way.”

Despite Noah’s humility, the DHS community is still incredibly proud of and psyched for Noah.

“He’s such a down to earth guy and I’m so happy and proud he’s come so far,” said Presley Shum, DHS senior and friend of Noah. “He really deserves this.”

Don’t forget to tune into NBC tonight at 8PM to see our very own classmate perform on The Voice! Noah, we wish you the best of luck in the competition and no matter what, DHS is incredibly proud of all your accomplishments!

• The Voice of Dublin: Noah Mac’s Big Break

Community

DHS Supports Its Teachers, Through and Through: A Statement to the School District

Community

North Bay Devastating Fire: How Dublin High Has Been Affected

Community

Homecoming Word Search

Arts

Meet Dublin High School’s New Band Director, Ms. Melissa Williams

Community

How to Get Ready for Homecoming like Royalty

Community

Football Season Has Officially Begun

Arts

Improv the Nation! An Impromptu Night of Fun and Games You Can’t MIss

• Community

Transportation to Dublin High School: Overcrowding Wheels Buses Becoming an Increasing Problem

Community

Golden GAEL Palace

Community

Ooh, Ahh, You Wish You Were a Lady Gael: Dublin High Girls’ Tennis Takes the Courts