Teen Advisory Group at the Dublin Library

ABOVE: The Dublin Library
Grace Li
ABOVE: The Dublin Library

Looking for easy volunteer hours? The Dublin Library’s Teen Advisory Group is a great way to show leadership, demonstrate initiative, and fill up those volunteering requirements as well.

The Teen Advisory Group, or T.A.G. for short, holds a forty-five minute meeting every other Monday. Teens meet with the adviser, Mary Ayers, to discuss and plan events for people of all ages. Volunteers suggest a wide variety of possible activities, including college essay workshops, SAT prep classes, art contests for teens, and craft projects for children. Students from Cal High, Quarry Lane, and Dublin High input their ideas in a friendly and accepting environment.

“The library’s a great place to get involved,” said Dublin High junior Alicia Tran, who suggested a movie night featuring animated films for children. Other students had similar ideas. Dhanush Patel, a junior from Cal High, said one motive for joining was “you can meet people from different schools.”

Another compelling factor was the ability to accomplish events without the typical restrictions of a high school club. Numerous times, Mrs. Ayers encouraged the group to express any thought or idea without worrying about fundraising. The Friends of the Dublin Library is eager to fund projects done by the Dublin Library to benefit the community as a whole.

The Teen Advisory Group is open to anyone who wants to join. Email [email protected] for more information.

$0
$500

Grace Li
Grace Li, Editor-in-Chief
Grace Li is a senior, and the Editor-in-Chief of The Dublin Shield. She has been recognized by the 2013 and 2014 Scholastic Art and Writing Awards for Short Story, and has studied fiction at the Iowa Young Writers’ Studio. Grace serves as a student writer for OneDublin.org, and a Prose Editor for The Blueshift Journal. Her fiction is forthcoming in The Cadaverine Magazine and Eunoia Review. When she is not writing, Grace is volunteering, making art, or watching Disney movies.
$0
$500