Gaels Soccer Fight for the Championship

The Dublin Gaels played Campolino in soccer Tuesday the 11th with high hopes of beating them in the championship. As the game started it was already difficult to watch. The Campolindo players were bigger than Dublin’s but that didn’t stop the Gaels from giving them a tough fight.

Campolindo scored early in the game with a header. Gaels varsity was being beaten to every ball. Campo scored again half way through the game. Motivated to make a comeback,  the Gaels came back hard with seven shots to the goal that didn’t go in. Christian Brosius was dominating the right side with Sam Gebremiche and Anthony Herrington.

“I was on the edge of my seat watching [Dublin] play,” junior Kristyn Ponce says.

Dublin and Campo played furiously. Dylan Tuell was distributing the ball from the middle and Corey Stewart was dominating his side. Sobhon Khari and Dominik Katunaric were constantly under pressure and couldn’t score.

“Campolindo’s players we’re at every header,” senior Florian Stumpf says. “We tried our best regardless.”

As the last play was made the final score was 0-2. This ended the Dublin Gaels chance at winning DFAL. Though many seniors won’t be able to play at DFAL again they will be playing February 13th for their senior night. Go out, support them, and cheer them on at their last game of the season.

$0
$500

$0
$500