Homecoming Game Highlights

Bidjan Aminian
Dublin High football players setting up to score another TouchDown

As the Gael Stadium filled with eager students and parents straight from the homecoming carnival, Mr. Sabranti called out to the stands the names of Dublin Highs amazing football players. This wasn’t just a normal football game, this was Dublin High’s Homecoming game. Sitting in the stands as students cheered and screamed chants, the anticipation was everywhere.

Dublin High had a good start the first quarter. Defense forced a three and out on every drive Las Lomas had. Going into the second quarter, defense continued to play well. Although letting up two touchdowns  entering the half. The score was now 0-14.

As the players got off the field, the band and color guard took center stage. The nominees lined up in gorgeous dresses, accompanied with proud fathers to walk them down the red carpet laid down across the turf. Finally it was the moment everyone was waiting for. Who would be crowned homecoming queen? As the girls lined up and were handed their boxes, the crowd grew silent. And then there was one. A single red rose was held up in the air by Haleigh Hawkins. Everyone cheered as she was hugged by her fellow nominees.

“Everyone looked so beautiful, it really brought our school together,” says junior Chandni Gazula.

Now with the crowd re-energized, it was time for the Dublin High Gaels to dominate. The offense was able to get their rhythm back and put some points on the board.

“We were doing well on both sides of the ball,” said defensive corner Maxwell Egbujor. “We could have Capitalized on what we were doing and fix our mistakes.” Luckily, Jabari Jefferson was able to score in the fourth quarter. The final score for this year’s homecoming game was 14-30. Even though Dublin High didn’t win, our spirit both on the field and in the stands were strong. And as the last whistle blew everyone in the stands stood, still proud to be a Gael.

$0
$500

$0
$500