Winter Sports Update

Back to Article
Back to Article

Winter Sports Update

DHS students and the Song Team cheer the basketball team on at Silent Night where they beat Cal High by a margin of around 10 points. Photo courtesy of Sharlene Sabonis.

Sharlene Sabonis

Sharlene Sabonis

Sharlene Sabonis

Basketball

The Dublin High boys basketball team is playing at a high level, coming in at a record of 14-2. The team stands in 2nd place in the East Bay Athletic League, a league composed of 9 other high schools in northern California, and is tied record wise with Amador Valley High and San Ramon Valley High. The team’s 2 losses stem from games against Branson High and Amador Valley High. The Dublin High Lady Gaels basketball team is also playing with a respectable record of 11-6 and stands in 1st place in the East Bay Athletic League. Good job Gaels and keep it up!

Soccer

The Dublin High Boys Soccer team is putting up a solid season, playing with a record of 8-3-1, with a tie to San Leandro High and losses to Clayton Valley Charter High, Foothill High, and De La Salle High. The team places at 5th in the East Bay Athletic League standings list, with De La Salle High, San Ramon Valley High, Amador Valley High, and Foothill High being ahead of Dublin High in terms of standings. The Dublin High Girls Soccer team, on the other hand, stands at a record of 4-7-1, with a tie against Archbishop Mitty High and wins against Castro Valley High, American High, Napa High, and Deer Valley High. The team comes in at 2nd to last place in the East Bay Athletic League standings list, tying with Dougherty Valley High record wise and standing at 9th place. Senior Varsity Athlete Roman Deol commented “This year so far we’re performing very well with an overall record of 8-3-1. We have improved both defensively and offensively compared to last year. I like that our team is very connected with each other, it’s a brotherhood”. Hopefully, both teams will be able to climb higher in the standings and Go Gaels!

Coed Wrestling

The Dublin High wrestling team has participated in two major events so far and have achieved success in both events. At the first event, Don Duals Tournament held at Amador Valley High, the DHS wrestling team finished at 2nd place out of 7 teams, only losing to San Ramon Valley High due to 2 forfeited matches. In addition, Coed Varsity team beat Foothill High with the score of 43-29 on January 12th. Great work Wrestling team and we hope that your season only gets better from here onwards.

About the Writer
Sumedh Vaidyanathan, Sports Editor

Sumedh Vaidyanathan is a senior at Dublin High School and is currently the Sports Editor for the Dublin Shield. Some of his hobbies include playing basketball,...

• Winter Sports Update

Community

Lawsuit Brought Against TVROP Names Former DUSD Superintendent Dr. Leslie Boozer

• Winter Sports Update

Feature

2nd Annual DHS Science and Engineering Fair Brings New Champions

• Winter Sports Update

Community

How to Spend a Day in San Francisco

• Winter Sports Update

Community

Science Teacher Still Concerned About Water Quality

• Winter Sports Update

Student Life

String of Vandalistic Events Leads to Shutdown of DHS Bathrooms

• Winter Sports Update

Entertainment

Students Are Back in the Directors’ Chair with the 2019 One Acts

• Winter Sports Update

Community

DHS Fundraiser for Paradise Students is Extremely Successful

• Winter Sports Update

Feature

DHS Trans Rights Protest Rally – A Symbol of Support at a Time Where it’s Most Needed

• Winter Sports Update

Entertainment

That’s A Wrap! December Entertainment Favorites

• Winter Sports Update

Community

Local Positions in the November 6th, 2018 General Election – a continuation of the status quo or a dramatic change?