Dublin High’s Brilliant Band

The+Dublin+High+Band+performing+at+the+spring+concert.+
Brittany Roberts
The Dublin High Band performing at the spring concert.

On April 15th and 16th , Dublin High School held their annual spring concert. One was held at the student café and the other was held in the sports complex. On April 15th, the Dublin High School Jazz Band was featured along with the Dublin High School Choir and on April 16th, the Dublin High School Winterguard, the Dublin High School Winter Percussion, and the Dublin High School Concert Band performed.

On both days, they did an amazing job performing and playing their instruments. The band director, Mr. Everts, expressed his appreciation for his students by giving a speech about how hard they have been working and how they have contributed a lot of effort to be in the band. Mr. Everts also talked about how they have performed very well in other schools and the places they have gone. When talking about the band, he also mentioned his excitement about the new theatre opening up soon on campus.

The school band was very professional and played very well. They played a couple of songs and it was obvious how much they enjoyed performing and how much the audience enjoyed their performance. They played songs such as Fair Phyllis, Appalachian Dances, and Doozy on Monday and Hunger Games, Equilibrium, and Time Streams on Tuesday. The amount of people in the school band is immense and the way they could all play together in sync was really impressive.

The performance shows how talented the band members are because they weren’t all playing the same instrument. Instead, they were all sitting in groups organized by what instrument they played. Then, the band continued to impress by playing simultaneously. There were the flutes, oboes, bassoons, alto saxophones, clarinet, trumpets, French horns, euphoniums, trombones, tubas, percussion, and string bass, all performing with the choir and color guard. They all sounded great and the band members are an example of how kids who go to Dublin High are passionate about what they do. It was amazing and really nice to watch, keep up the good work Dublin High.

Donate to The Dublin Shield
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Dublin High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

About the Contributor
Brittany Roberts
Brittany Roberts, Photo Editor

Hey, I’m Brittany Roberts and I am a junior at Dublin High School. The thing I like the most about Journalism is that we get to speak our minds freely and talk about things that are  important to us . It is really cool because we get to interview students around the campus and put their opinions into our writing. In a way, it brings us together and makes everyone feel heard. The thing that's nice about Dublin is that it is very homey and a small community so everyone gets to know each other better. I think my favorite place in the area is the Stoneridge Mall because I love shopping and hanging with my friends and family there. Especially at stores like Wet Seal, Forever 21, H&M, and Victoria's Secret because they are my favorite places to go while I’m there.

Donate to The Dublin Shield
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal