The voice of Dublin's youth

The Dublin Shield

Engineering Academy Field Trip: DHS Students Visit SF

Engineering Academy Field Trip: DHS Students Visit SF

Alexandra Stassinopoulos, Editor-in-Chief
February 19, 2017
Filed under Clubs, Community, Feature, Showcase, Student Life

On Tuesday, February 14, fifteen DHS students went to the cybersecurity firm RiskIQ in San Francisco. At RiskIQ, the students participated in the first stop of “The Alliance Cybersecurity Converge Tour”, a new initiative designed to bring high schoolers, particularly minority students, into the cyb...

Love is in the Air for Dublin High: Valegrams

Love is in the Air for Dublin High: Valegrams

Ingrid Zhang, Layout & Writer
February 19, 2017
Filed under Arts, Community, Showcase, Student Life

Setting the select bouquets of roses and boxes of gourmet chocolate assortments aside, there is only one true way to express your love during Valentine’s Day at DHS: Valegrams. On Valentine’s Day, groups of choir members dressed in festive costumes showed up to the recipient’s classroom whil...

Wrestling: Brains, Brawn, and… Girls?

Arielle Lew, Writer
February 19, 2017
Filed under Community, Showcase, Sports, Student Life

Who says girls can't wrestle? Read this article to get a female wrestler's perspective on her male-dominated sport.

Read more »

Wasted Food at DHS

Wasted Food at DHS

Jessica Yu, Layout & Writer
February 19, 2017
Filed under Community, Feature, Opinion, Showcase, Student Life

Do you know how much food is wasted everyday?

Read more »

Dublin High Drama Department Has Huge Success at Lenaea Competition

Eugenia Gavrilova
February 18, 2017
Filed under Arts, Community, Entertainment, Showcase, Student Life

On the weekend of February 11th, the Dublin High Drama Department attended Lenaea, a large theater competition at Folsom Lake College for high schools in northern and central California. What makes this competition different, however, is that after a group performs, the judges, called respondents, wor...

Sadies Week

Sadies Week

Catherine Capretta, Writer
February 18, 2017
Filed under Community, Student Life

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and love is in the air… Gaels, you know what that means! It’s time for the ladies to ask the gentlemen to Sadie’s! The Sadie Hawkins Dance will take place on Friday, February 17th, in the Student Union from 7:00 to 10:00 PM.   Sadie’s wil...

Noctis: DHS Fashion Show

February 16, 2017
Filed under Arts, Community, Student Life

On Wednesday, February 8, DHS's annual fashion club was held in the Performing Arts Center. To see the outfits modeled, click here.

With Love, Fontana

With Love, Fontana

Safia Yusuf, Writer
February 16, 2017
Filed under Community, Creative Writing, Feature, Showcase, Student Life

Before moving to Fontana, my parents had shared a condo in Los Angeles with my aunt, uncle and cousins. My mom wanted some space and was a bit uncomfortable in my uncle’s apartment, and my dad agreed that I needed a proper home to spend my childhood in. My parents decided to move to Rancho Cucamonga to ...

Registering for AP Classes: A Counselor’s Perspective

Registering for AP Classes: A Counselor’s Perspective

Morgan Minkler, Writer
February 16, 2017
Filed under Community, Showcase, Student Life

Recently, there have been new measures set in place for students interested in taking Advanced, Honors, or Advanced Placement (AP) classes in the 2017-2018 school year. These changes are intended to ensure students are aware of the course load and time commitment involved with each class. Honors and AP ...

The DHS Winter Guard Whipped it, Stripped it, and Flipped it at their First Competition of the Year

The DHS Winter Guard Whipped it, Stripped it, and Flipped it at their First Competition of the Year

Emily Ellis, Writer
February 13, 2017
Filed under Arts, Community, Feature, Showcase, Student Life

For the first time this year, the DHS Winter Guard competed in the California Color Guard Circuit against other winter guards from across the Bay Area. Their show, entitled “Bound to You”, centers around feelings of sorrow and love and features the song “Bound to You” by Christina Aguilera fr...