The voice of Dublin's youth

The Dublin Shield

The Voice of Dublin: Noah Mac’s Big Break

The Voice of Dublin: Noah Mac’s Big Break

Eugenia Gavrilova, Senior Managing Editor

September 25, 2017

Filed under Community, Entertainment, Feature, Showcase, Student Life, TV

[EDIT]: Noah will not be on tonight or tomorrow's episode (9/25 and 9/26), but once we are told what night he'll be performing we will update this post. It’s not very often that you get to tune into a major TV network and get to see the guy who sits next to you in English performing in front of...

Ooh, Ahh, You Wish You Were a Lady Gael: Dublin High Girls’ Tennis Takes the Courts

Ooh, Ahh, You Wish You Were a Lady Gael: Dublin High Girls’ Tennis Takes the Courts

Abigale Kim, Guest Writer

September 17, 2017

Filed under Community, Feature, Showcase, Sports, Student Life

Tennis season has officially started! That isn’t everyone’s thought on the first day of school, but it was mine as I walked to the tennis courts. I have been a part of our school’s girls’ tennis team for three years, and I was excited for my fourth and final season.   Other teammates h...

Club Spotlight: Room to Read

Club Spotlight: Room to Read

Ashley Kim, Editor-in-Chief

September 17, 2017

Filed under Clubs, Community, Feature, Showcase, Student Life

Room to Read is a high school chapter of an international nonprofit organization focused on girls’ literacy and education. Through events like school book drives with the African Library Project and community screenings of the moving documentary Girl Rising, Room to Read inspires action in the community of Dubli...

Dublin High School’s New Choir Director, Mr. Adam Serpa

Dublin High School’s New Choir Director, Mr. Adam Serpa

Kaushikee Nayudu, Junior Managing Editor

September 17, 2017

Filed under Arts, Community, Feature, Showcase, Student Life

When did you first develop an interest for choir? How did this interest develop? When I was in high school, I played in a couple different garage bands and through this process, I learned about songwriting, how to sing, and how to play guitar. And one of these garage bands turned into a serious g...

Club Spotlight: Key Club

Club Spotlight: Key Club

Audrey Kang, Writer

September 16, 2017

Filed under Clubs, Community, Showcase, Student Life

Key Club, a student-led international organization, has been a part of Dublin High School for many years. Dublin High’s Key Club is part of Division 26 South, which lies in the Cali-Nev-Ha District. Key Club describes their primary priorities as providing students opportunities in leadership,...

Club Spotlight: HOSA

Club Spotlight: HOSA

Neil Bedi, Cal-HOSA State Vice President #CherishLife

September 13, 2017

The Health Occupations Students of America, or HOSA, is an international organization dedicated to empowering future health professionals. Through a series of leadership development, community service, competition, and networking opportunities, HOSA members are able to gain valuable insight to all as...

Freshmen Mentorship Program – Friends Mentoring Friends

Freshmen Mentorship Program – Friends Mentoring Friends

Arielle Lew, Writer

September 13, 2017

Filed under Community, Feature, Showcase, Student Life

Here at Dublin High School, we are fortunate enough to have a program that not many schools are able to provide— the Freshman Mentorship Program, commonly known simply as FMP. But what is the purpose  of this program? According to junior Collette Lee,  “it’s a really great way to get freshmen to get more invol...

Summer Never Ends When You Work at the Wave!

Bea Mendoza, Writer

September 12, 2017

In May of  2017, the City of Dublin opened the Wave, an aquatic recreation center  in Emerald Glen Park. Many students at Dublin High pursued summer jobs at this new facility. From slide attendant to lifeguard, there are many posts to be filled.   But what is it like to work at the Wave? Is ...

Summer Jobs – Take It Or Leave It?

Summer Jobs – Take It Or Leave It?

Hannah Bumanlag, Writer

September 12, 2017

Getting a job is a rite of passage that most teenagers in America face as they navigate through high school, whether they’re in a position where they need to support themselves financially or because they’re simply following the pack. Typically, a teenager gets their first job the summer before the...

Club Spotlight: Caring Hands Crochet Club

Club Spotlight: Caring Hands Crochet Club

Janice Liu, Copy Editor

September 12, 2017

What is the Caring Hands Crochet Club? The Caring Hands Crochet Club (or simply known as the Crochet Club) is a hobby and service club that makes crocheted products and donates the proceeds earned from selling them to support the American Cancer Society. The club’s mission is to “not only to ...